The central government will soon implement a new motor vehicle law.
The Modi government sought to implement this law in the past.
But the election has come.
This time, however, the law is strictly in force.
The new bill has been passed in the Lok Sabha and is now seeking approval in the Rajya Sabha.
Once the bill passed, penalties may increase up to 10 times.
Few of them are.
* A penalty of Rs 10,000 is payable if someone does not lead an emergency vehicle such as an ambulance on the road.
* High speed (over speed) vehicle costs around Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000.
* driving without vehicle insurance, you have to pay a fine of Rs.2000.
* driving without a helmet can face a fine of Rs 1,000.
* Driving without a licence will attract a minimum fine of Rs 5,000, which is Rs 500 at present.
* Penalty for rash driving will increase from Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000.
* If the minors caught driving vehicle registration is cancelled.
Also, their guardian or vehicle owner must go to jail for three years.
It takes a penalty of Rs 25,000.
* Vehicle overload can cost a fine of Rs 20,000.