No new Covid-19 cases in NZ for 1st time in a month

Date:

There were no new coronavirus cases in New Zealand on Friday for the first time in early August, according to the Health Ministry.

In a statement, the Ministry said that currently there were 54 people linked to a community cluster which was detected last month in Auckland, the country’s largest city, reports Xinhua news agency.

They remain in an Auckland quarantine facility, which includes 22 people who have tested positive for Covid-19 and their household contacts.

There are four people in hospital with Covid-19, including one in ICU, the statement said.

With no new cases to report and seven additional recovered cases, the total number of active cases in New Zealand is 70.

Of those, 33 are imported cases in managed isolation facilities, and 37 are community cases, the statement said.

The country’s total number of confirmed cases as of Friday stood at 1,458, with 25 deaths.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Drishyam 3 powers ahead at the box office despite divided opinions

Despite opening to mixed reviews, Mohanlal’s much-anticipated Drishyam 3...

Akhil Akkineni’s Lenin Teaser Arrives Unannounced and Charms Instantly

Tollywood usually prefers drumrolls before unveiling promotional material, but...

Naga Vamsi sparks debate again, this time with a tweet targeting RCB

Star producer Naga Vamsi is no stranger to headlines....

Salaar 2 to Roll After Dragon, Confirms Prashanth Neel

The recently released glimpse of Dragon, starring Jr NTR,...