Vijayawada: The death of a hundred cows overnight in Tadepalli has become sensational across the state. The Officials put the mortality at 86 and said that 15 were battling for life.
According to Gorakshna Sangam secretary Saboo, the cows died one after the other in the wee hours of Saturday after consuming grass.
The Sangam complained to the police immediately. The post-mortem reports say the fodder is not toxic and found blood streaks in inner parts.
“Along with viscera samples, the fodder and water samples served to the cattle sent to FSL,” Mr Imtiaz told.