Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited announced with its Internet Telephony(VOIP) Service with brand name “WINGS” to the customers. To use this service, a customer needs to install a SIP client (soft app) on any of its smart devices (laptop/smart mobile handset/tablet etc) having internet which will act as SIP phone to make and receive calls from anywhere in India and abroad with any party (landline/mobile). The subscriber uses its parent IMS core and IP access network of any location for the voice service through BSNL WINGS.
BSNL is offering unlimited FREE Audio/Video calling for one year at one-time activation. A customer has to activate the Services (one time in life) at 1099 rupees. New Connections booking is proposed to start and willing customers will be waitlisted for service with immediate effect in all Telecom Circles of BSNL. New connections of Wings will be made available from onwards 1st August 2018 on first come first serve basis. Online link for that – https://sancharaadhaar.bsnl.co.in/Wings/Login.do
Important points in WINGS are,
- There are some areas where mobile coverage is not good thus poor speech quality but internet available by any means including Wi-Fi. Using Wings service using Internet service for any operator, the customer will be active and make/receive calls.
- Wings service APP is easily configurable on Smartphone/Laptop/Notebook by simply downloading SIP Client (Soft App).
- Wings Customer can make calls using any of the Internet Connection like broadband / Wi-Fi / 3G / 4G data network of any operator.
- Wings can be provided over Internet Leased Line customer not having the normal voice.
- Supports Video calling facility (from “Wings” to “Wings”).
- Free Mobility on PAN India basis
- The customer can use the existing address book for Mobile while calling.