Siddipet MLA says Congress should seek votes only after implementing poll guarantees
Bhongir, Telangana: BRS leader and Siddipet MLA T Harish Rao on Friday launched a scathing attack on the Congress government in Telangana, accusing it of failing to implement its six poll promises. Speaking at a party meeting in Bhongir, Rao described the Congress’s victory in the recent Assembly elections as a “speed breaker” for BRS and vowed to fight for the fulfillment of the guarantees.
Key points of Harish Rao’s criticism:
- Broken promises: Rao pointed out that the Congress has not kept its word on crucial issues like releasing the TSPSC Group-I notification, waiving crop loans, and increasing Aasara pensions.
- Impatience and mismanagement: He accused Congress leaders of making “bombastic promises” to secure votes and then exhibiting “impatience” due to their inability to deliver.
- Examples of alleged failures: Rao cited comments by a Congress minister against a local official who asked about a key agricultural scheme and the delay in disbursing Aasara pensions as evidence of the government’s mismanagement.
- Concerns about agriculture and water: He criticized the Congress for freezing the amount allocated for the Dalit Bandhu scheme and expressed concerns about the impact of handing over dams to the Krishna River Management Board on water availability for irrigation and drinking purposes.
- Allegations of financial mismanagement: Rao accused the Congress of inflating the state’s debt by Rs 3.13 lakh crore and taking on Rs 15,000 crore in loans within two months of coming to power.
- Denial of BJP-BRS alliance: He rejected claims of a secret understanding between BJP and BRS, highlighting that BRS defeated several prominent BJP leaders in the Assembly elections.
Rao’s call to action:
He urged BRS leaders and members to educate the public about the Congress’s alleged failures and demanded that the government fulfill its poll promises before seeking votes in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Suryapet MLA G Jagadish Reddy, Zilla Parishad Chairman Alimineti Sandeep Reddy, Bhongir former MLA Pylla Shaker Reddy, and BRS district president K Ramakrishna Reddy were also present at the meeting.
Overall, Harish Rao’s speech presents a strong critique of the Congress government’s performance and aims to mobilize BRS cadres for future political challenges.