Narendra Modi meets AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
Posted January 12, 2018, 4:49 pm at 16:49
Politics are no friend or foe to anyone. Things can change in a matter of hours in politics. Someone who has ignored you for the past one year can invite you to a luncheon, and someone who has been with you for the past few years, can ditch you and overthrow you. Such is the nature of the politics and politicians.
Even Prime Ministers and Chief Ministers are a part of this never-ending saga. AP CM Chandrababu Naidu and PM Narendra Modi finally met today in the New Delhi, after a year. The meeting between the two leaders went for an hour.
Though the meeting was in the interest of PM Modi, the AP CM Chandrababu Naidu used it to full extent, in keeping the state’s problems ahead of politics. This meet was described as an ‘olive branch’ extension by PM Modi, who saw to strike an alliance with TDP once again in Andhra Pradesh. But the AP CM reportedly came up with a list of proposals and necessitated the need to fulfil them immediately. Following are the list of the proposal put forth by AP CM Chandrababu Naidu:
- Polavaram project to cost Rs. 58,000 crores. The completion of the project before 2019 will be Centre’s responsibility.
- Fulfil all commitments made in the AP Reorganization Act.
- The increase of assembly constituency seats from 175 to 225 in Andhra Pradesh.
- Allocation of funds in the upcoming national budget for AP Capital Construction.
- Bearing Revenue deficit, Dhungarajupatnam Port, and political issues.
Post the leaders meeting, JC Diwakar Reddy hinted that BJP and TDP are likely to form an alliance once again in Andhra Pradesh.
Some More Interesting News: